This Saturday 7th January marks the 30th year of The Shoalhaven Heads Hotel Fishing Club’s Charity Day and over the last 30 years, the fishing club have raised over $370,000 and in 2016 the cause raised $23,000
Remember it’s for Charity and this year the four recipients of the money raised will be:
Shoalhaven Heads Rural Fire Rervice
Shoalhaven Heads Surf Life Saving
Shoalhaven Marine Rescue
In 2017, we expect it will just get bigger, so here’s a few tips on how to approach Charity Day;
1. 10 Buck Timmy always get the first auction piece going, he bids Ten Bucks for the first few items and is a pain in the bum, but a great larrikin! He’s usually joined by The Baldy Brendo or The Porcelin Brothers, who will also have a nudge at the first few items…they disappear for a few bevvies and hook into bidding again. There’s an item for everyone too, so bring ya cash, but you can spend what you want as little as $50 or as much as $5000.
2. Don’t take yourself too seriously, it’s a fun day for the family and everyone has the rinse taken out of them, including myself! Just bring some friends, sit back at a table and enjoy! If you’re a tourist, just be like a local and CHILL, if there’s one thing the Heads community knows how to do, it’s chill out!
3. There’s always PLENTY of people around, so be prepared for a small wait at the bar, for lunch, for dinner and for the toot! The best part about Charity Day crowds are great, with the friendly atmosphere that The Heads Hotel always provides, everyone is there to raise a stack of do-rae-me for these charities, so enjoy the company of strangers, share a pew and sit back with a great view of the mighty Shoalhaven River!
4. Kids are catered for; The Marine Rescue will do doing their regular ‘Rides on The River’, there’s face painting, rides, amusements and the Heads Hotels sand pit of doom…hahaha, your kids will love the day….almost as much as you!
5. Stuff for the serious punter! This year thanks to Score Online Memorabilia, they have given us some awesome gear! This stuff is for the serious Memorabilia fans!
David Warner Signed “ Powerhouse “ Limited Edition Photo Framed
Jason Day Signed 2015 USPGA Champion Photo Framed
Valentino Rossi 2016-17 Moto GP Hand signed Race Glove Framed
Angus Young Hand Signed ACDC Guitar on display Stand
Cronulla Sharks 2016 Premiers Limited Edition Hand Signed Jersey Framed
Muhammad Ali “ The Greatest “ Limited Edition hand signed boxing Glove Framed
The History Of The St George Illawarra Dragons Framed
All in all, you’ll go home happy, well watered and feeling good about looking after some top notch community resources within the Heads community, a community that not only looks after their own, but those that come into their sleepy little town. Look forward to your support!
See Ya Saturday for Charity Day!